Workers Comp Back Injuries
Back Injuries are classified as non-schedule injuries in the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act. This means the formula for compensation is not as rigid as it would be for a schedule injury. If we lose a finger, we all suffer that injury equally. We once had ten fingers, we now have nine. But back injuries are more complicated.
Everyone's injury is different and unique. Some people respond positively to physical therapy, some people require pain management intervention, and still other people require surgery. Even then, some people do not recover with even surgery. Because of this wide range of possible outcomes for different people suffering neck injuries, the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act allows for a wider range of compensation. People suffer neck injuries differently, they recover differently, so they are compensated differently. Back injuries therefore are treated as an injury to the body as a whole.
The spine houses a large part of the central nervous system, which impacts the entire body. Back injuries can be a source of pain that extends into the legs or shoulders. Back injuries can cause an unnatural gait, or stride, that causes additional wear and tear on other parts of the body. For these reasons, back injuries are known as "non-schedule" injuries. The mathematical formula is different in calculating the benefits to allow for the wider range of impact on an injured worker's ability to earn an income.
Looking for Workers Comp Answers?
Contact us for your FREE Case Evaluation and get the ANSWERS you're looking for.
Free Initial Strategy Session
All Initial Strategy Sessions are Free. If you would like to discuss your options, you are invited to fill out one of the Contact Forms. I will attempt to contact you if I think I can help you.
During your Initial Strategy Session, I will asist you in creating a strategy on how to best pursue your claim, whether it be the result of a Car Wreck Accident, 18 Wheeler Accident, or, Alabama Workers' Compensation Claim. At your Initial Strategy Session, you will receive the following:
- First - I will listen to your story. You will have a chance to tell everything to someone who wants to hear what happened to you.
- Based on the information that you provide, I will give you my best advice on both what claims you have, and the next steps you should consider to proceed with your claim(s).
- If your claim is something that I think I can help you with, I will explain the services that I can provide for you, and what the next steps are that we should take. We will start working immediately.
- If your matter is something that I do not think I can help you with, then I will attempt to put you in contact with another lawyer that might be able to help you.
- Either way, what should happen is we will put to rest some of the unkowns that you may be experiencing. We will start to shed some light on what you can expect, and how to best pursue the benefits you deserve.
Contingency Fees | Alabama Workers Compensation
Claims for benfits under the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act are taken on a contingency fee rate of 15%, which means you don't have to pay me anything out-of-pocket. Contingency fee rates for other, or additional claims are set on a case-by-case basis. I typically cover expenses for you on the front-end on the condition that you pay me back out of your recovery. We will not have an attorney-client relationship until we both agree on the terms, but, any communication between us will still be protected as priviledged communication, even if we do not come to an agreement.
Don't delay getting the compensation you deserve!
Contact us today for your free Strategy Session!