How Much is My Workers Compensation Claim Worth?
This is not an uncommon question and it is very natural to ask it. However, typically the answer is: "It Depends."
OK. What does it depend on?
Claims for benefits under the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act do not operate like a regular negligence lawsuit. For starters, they are claims for benefits, not claims for damages. That means you are claiming benefits available under the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act, and those are the only benefits available.
What Benefits Are Available?
Let's talk about the good news first. The Alabama Workers' Compensation Act provides a variety of benefits to injured workers:
- Medical Benefits: The law is clear that your employer is responsible for medical treatment that is "reasonably medically necessary." You need for a doctor to make the decision that any injury you suffer is related to your work, and that any required treatment is "reasonably medically necessary." That means if you suffer an injury at work
- Temporary Total Disability Payments:
- Compensation for Permanent Disability:
- Permanent Partial
- Scheduled Injury
- Body as a Whole
- Permanent Total
- Vocational Rehabilitation:
- Dependent Benefits:
Looking for Workers Comp Answers?
Contact us for your FREE Case Evaluation and get the ANSWERS you're looking for.
Let's talk about the good news first. The Alabama Workers' Compensation Act provides a variety of be
Damages are not available unles they are provided for in the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act.
Negligence does not really play a role in Workers' Compensation claims. You can have a negligence claim along with a Workers' Compensation claim, but, negligence claims are usually brought against a different party other than your employer. For example: if you are a devilvery driver and you are in a car wreck while making a delivery. If that car wreck was the other driver's fault, then you would have both a claim for workers' compensation benefits, and a negligence claimf or damages against the other driver. It is very difficult to bring a negligence, or common law claim against your employer resulting from a work-related injury.
What's not available:
- Pain and Suffering:
- Mental Anguish:
- Emotional Distress:
Free Initial Strategy Session
All Initial Strategy Sessions are Free. If you would like to discuss your options, you are invited to fill out one of the Contact Forms. I will attempt to contact you if I think I can help you.
During your Initial Strategy Session, I will asist you in creating a strategy on how to best pursue your claim, whether it be the result of a Car Wreck Accident, 18 Wheeler Accident, or, Alabama Workers' Compensation Claim. At your Initial Strategy Session, you will receive the following:
- First - I will listen to your story. You will have a chance to tell everything to someone who wants to hear what happened to you.
- Based on the information that you provide, I will give you my best advice on both what claims you have, and the next steps you should consider to proceed with your claim(s).
- If your claim is something that I think I can help you with, I will explain the services that I can provide for you, and what the next steps are that we should take. We will start working immediately.
- If your matter is something that I do not think I can help you with, then I will attempt to put you in contact with another lawyer that might be able to help you.
- Either way, what should happen is we will put to rest some of the unkowns that you may be experiencing. We will start to shed some light on what you can expect, and how to best pursue the benefits you deserve.
Contingency Fees | Alabama Workers Compensation
Claims for benfits under the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act are taken on a contingency fee rate of 15%, which means you don't have to pay me anything out-of-pocket. Contingency fee rates for other, or additional claims are set on a case-by-case basis. I typically cover expenses for you on the front-end on the condition that you pay me back out of your recovery. We will not have an attorney-client relationship until we both agree on the terms, but, any communication between us will still be protected as priviledged communication, even if we do not come to an agreement.
Don't delay getting the compensation you deserve!
Contact us today for your free Strategy Session!