Work-Related Deaths | Alabama Workers Compensation
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one, let me first say that I'm very sorry that happened to you. Nothing can make that better. You have two years from the date of your family member's death to file a claim for benefits under the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act. You have time to grieve. Do not feel pressured to act right away, as you will need time to adjust to your loss.
Dependent Benefits Under the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act
The Alabama Workers' Compensation Act recognizes the loss that family dependents suffer as the result of the wrongful death of a loved one. Family dependents are entitled to compensation for the time that they would have been considered dependents under more favorable circumstances. How much compensation depends on the nature of the facts surrounding each case. I would have to speak with you to tell you more.
Looking for Workers Comp Answers?
Contact us for your FREE Case Evaluation and get the ANSWERS you're looking for.
For a work-related injury to result in death, something must have gone seriously wrong. For that reason, wrongful death situations commonly give rise to claims other than just a claim for benefits under the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act. Wrongful Death claims are serious and complex matters. You should consider consulting with an attorney when you feel able. If you would like to discuss your situation with me, complete and submit a contact form and I will reach out and discuss your options. I don't think what has happened to you and your family is fair. I try to contact all wrongful death claims, regardless of whether I can personally assist or not. If I cannot assist you, I will try to steer you in the right direction.
Free Initial Strategy Session
All Initial Strategy Sessions are Free. If you would like to discuss your options, you are invited to fill out one of the Contact Forms. I will attempt to contact you if I think I can help you.
During your Initial Strategy Session, I will asist you in creating a strategy on how to best pursue your claim, whether it be the result of a Car Wreck Accident, 18 Wheeler Accident, or, Alabama Workers' Compensation Claim. At your Initial Strategy Session, you will receive the following:
- First - I will listen to your story. You will have a chance to tell everything to someone who wants to hear what happened to you.
- Based on the information that you provide, I will give you my best advice on both what claims you have, and the next steps you should consider to proceed with your claim(s).
- If your claim is something that I think I can help you with, I will explain the services that I can provide for you, and what the next steps are that we should take. We will start working immediately.
- If your matter is something that I do not think I can help you with, then I will attempt to put you in contact with another lawyer that might be able to help you.
- Either way, what should happen is we will put to rest some of the unkowns that you may be experiencing. We will start to shed some light on what you can expect, and how to best pursue the benefits you deserve.
Contingency Fees | Alabama Workers Compensation
Claims for benfits under the Alabama Workers' Compensation Act are taken on a contingency fee rate of 15%, which means you don't have to pay me anything out-of-pocket. Contingency fee rates for other, or additional claims are set on a case-by-case basis. I typically cover expenses for you on the front-end on the condition that you pay me back out of your recovery. We will not have an attorney-client relationship until we both agree on the terms, but, any communication between us will still be protected as priviledged communication, even if we do not come to an agreement.
Don't delay getting the compensation you deserve!
Contact us today for your free Strategy Session!